UPDATE: West Coast Markets
January 14, 2016
Broccoli, green leaf, iceberg, and romaine prices are expected to come down over the next five to seven days. Favorable conditions in the Arizona/California desert growing region will help increase volume, while heavy snow and freezing temperatures in the Midwest and Northeast regions of the country will weaken demand and adjust market prices.
- No rain or freezing temperatures are forecast in the desert growing region for the next seven to eight days, allowing full production
- Yields and carton weights will rise as a result of warmer weather
- Up to 38 inches of snow is anticipated in the Northeast over the next several days, further weakening demand
- Temperatures are expected to rise to the low to mid-70s for the next 10 days in the desert growing region; growth will increase
- Markon will continue to update with news about prices and supply levels as markets change
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.