UPDATE: Salinas Valley Prices
July 18, 2016
Expect lower prices for many Salinas Valley commodities, including broccoli, cauliflower, green leaf, iceberg, and salad mix items for at least the next two weeks. Ideal weather, weaker demand, and higher quality have increased supplies.
- Two weeks of cool weather slowed growth, causing prices to spike
- Clear skies and temperatures in the mid-70s are forecast for Salinas Valley
- Increased harvesting in several regions across the country is weakening demand for West Coast products
- Yields are increasing and quality is improving; insect pressure is diminishing
- Expect markets to stay at comparable levels through July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.