Raspberry prices are inching up; supplies are expected to remain extremely limited for the next two to three weeks due to seasonal harvesting transitions and unfavorable weather conditions. The market has been stable, but should rise over the next few weeks.
- Harvesting is slowly getting underway in the primary growing areas of Salinas and Watsonville, California
- Production ended in Central Mexico last week
- Harvesting is winding down in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California
- Many growers are reporting low yields due to inconsistent temperatures and varietal shifts
- Demand exceeds supply; expect limited stocks through mid-July
- Overall quality is excellent with few issues being reported
- Blackberry stocks are adequate; Blueberry volume is high
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.