UPDATE: Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romaine Prices
May 03, 2016
Prices for green leaf, iceberg, and romaine continue to climb rapidly. Supplies are extremely tight and demand is very strong.
- Erratic weather over the last several weeks is slowing growth, lowering yields, and creating a supply gap; quality issues can be expected
- Prices will reach into the low twenties early this week, and are forecast to continue climbing
- Over the past three to four weeks, crops have been ahead of harvesting schedules due to warm weather causing an oversupply situation, however, cooler weather in the Salinas Valley, coupled with heat-related quality issues, is now causing tight supplies
- Supplies will remain limited for the next several weeks; expect elevated markets into May
- Markon will continue to update as more information becomes available
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.