California grapefruit stocks are extremely limited. The season will end early; growers are transitioning to Texas. Very few white grapefruit supplies are on the market; red grapefruit are not currently available in major markets. An industry-wide gap is expected until new crop Texas harvesting starts in early October. Florida’s season will begin shortly after.
- The California Summer Marsh Ruby grapefruit season has come to a premature end; harvesting began earlier than normal and demand was strong throughout the season
- Expect an industry-wide gap until the Texas Rio Star season begins
- New crop Texas Rio Star grapefruit is expected to be available for loading in South Texas the first week of October
- Florida grapefruit will be harvested in mid-October
- California Rio Red stocks will hit the market in December
Please contact your Markon customer support representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.