Cilantro remains in short supply. Warm, humid weather has weakened raw product quality, reducing yields in Mexico and the U.S. Concerns over the Cyclosporiasis outbreak in Puebla, Mexico have limited production in Central Mexico and shifted demand to West Coast sources. Prices are elevated as demand exceeds supply throughout the industry. Ready-Set-Serve Washed & Trimmed Cilantro is sporadic; packer label will be substituted as needed.
- Industry supplies have decreased to 75-80% of demand
- Warm weather and high humidity in Baja, Mexico are expected to persist for the next 7 to 10 days
- Bacterial leaf spotting, mildew, seeder, small size, tip burn, and yellowing are problems reducing shelf-life
- Expect limited supplies and active markets for the next 10 to 14 days
- Maintaining the cold chain is critical; ordering for quick turns is recommended
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.