UPDATE: California Oranges
October 19, 2015
Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Oranges are sporadic; packer label is being substituted. California’s San Joaquin Valley growing region received between 2” to 3” of rain during an unexpected tropical storm that passed over the area. Current harvesting schedules have been pushed back to as far as Monday to allow fruit to dry. Supplies of new crop Navels will be tight through next week.
- MFC and ESS Oranges will be sporadic through next week
- New crop Navel harvesting has slowed due to recent rains
- Supplies will be tight through next week
- Already harvested stocks will only last through mid-week
- Any fruit harvested Monday will not be available for shipping until Friday at the earliest
- Fruit must be allowed to dry before it can be packed into cartons
- Supplies will receive three to five days in gas rooms to enhance color
- More rain is expected over the weekend which may prolong harvests and keep volume low
- Prices will remain firm until supplies increase in early November
- Early order placement is requested to help ensure coverage
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.