Blueberry supplies are limited; expect high blueberry prices for the next several weeks. The domestic harvest is ending and the offshore season is getting a slow start. Availability will be sporadic.
- The British Columbia, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington seasons are ending
- Controlled-atmosphere storage will be utilized for the next few weeks until supplies are depleted
- Transfers to the West Coast will be sporadic
- 4.4-ounce clamshells will be substituted for 6-ounce clamshells to maximize supply
- Offshore supplies are slowly entering the market
- Supplies from Argentina, Peru, and Uruguay are limited; hail and cold weather have affected yields
- Air freight is being utilized until supplies increase enough to fill vessels
- Most supplies are currently being flown to the East Coast due to lower costs
- Supplies are expected to increase by mid-October once offshore vessels arrive on the West Coast
- Expect elevated prices and sporadic availability through October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.