UPDATE: Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, and Squash
December 07, 2015
Bell pepper, cucumber, and squash prices are elevated due to tight supplies. Cold temperatures and rain in Florida and Mexico are affecting production. Expect high prices for several weeks until stocks increase from new growing regions.
- California red and yellow bell pepper production will end this week
- Mexican stocks are limited; growers will struggle to meet demand until harvesting in Culiacan, Mexico starts in two to three weeks
- Colored bell pepper prices will remain high; order quantities will be kept to averages
- Green bell pepper supplies are sufficient, but cold temperatures and rain are keeping production to average levels
Cucumbers and Squash
- Consecutive days of rain in Florida will limit harvesting; expect sporadic supplies
- Mexican stocks are sufficient, but prices will remain high due to increased demand
- Production will increase in Mexico over the next two weeks, eventually easing prices
- Expect elevated markets for several weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.