The bell pepper market will climb over the next two weeks. Volume in Coachella, California will move past its peak over the next 10 days; the season will wind down by mid-June. Production will transition north into the San Joaquin Valley by mid-June. Harvesting will end in South Florida in the next 10 days; stocks are currently ample in Central and Northern Florida. Mexican supplies (into Nogales, Arizona) will remain available through the first week of June.
Green Bell Peppers
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green Bell Peppers are available in California, Florida, and Mexico (into Nogales)
- Expect tighter supplies in Coachella over the next two to three weeks
- Prices will rise over the next week as demand shifts to domestic stocks
- West Coast quality is excellent
- East Coast supplies are ample in Central and Northern Florida; peppers are exhibiting some scarring and wind damage
- Mexican stocks will be on the market through early June; cooler weather in the Mexican growing regions will extend the season approximately two weeks
Red Bell Peppers
- MFC Red Bell Peppers are available in California and Mexico (into Nogales)
- The Coachella crop is at peak production; quality is excellent
- Expect steady markets over the next two weeks
- Coachella supplies will wind down in mid-June and transition north to Bakersfield; expect active prices in mid-June as transition takes place
- Mexican supplies will be on the market through early June; next week’s cool temperatures will cause lighter-than-normal color that will persist for approximately the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.