The bell pepper market is changing on both coasts. Green bell pepper prices are lower; supplies have increased on both coasts. Red and yellow bell peppers will be limited; prices will be elevated for the next 10 to 14 days (until West Coast production increases).
Green Bell Peppers
- After a delayed start to the season due to cold and wet weather, Michigan supplies are increasing
- Prices will continue to decrease as East Coast, San Joaquin Valley, and Central Coast stocks become more plentiful
- West Coast quality is excellent; expect some scarring on East Coast stocks due to recent weather
Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- California supplies will be limited for the next two weeks as growers transition to new fields
- Stocks will be sufficient, but prices will rise until production increases
- Quality is excellent
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.