Asparagus prices will start to rise over the next few weeks. Less production from Baja, Mexico coupled with higher demand will push up the market. Markon First Crop Asparagus is available.
- Production from Baja, Mexico will continue through October, but plantings are seasonally smaller
- Peruvian production will increase by late September, but will be met by strong demand
- Demand for the holiday season will start soon with Thanksgiving Day in Canada on October 9
- Once the market starts to rise, prices will be elevated for most of the holiday season
- Quality is very good: tips are tight and color is deep green
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.