UPDATE SUMMARY: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
September 20, 2018
- Prices are elevated; supplies are tight across the country
- Expect elevated markets for the next four to six weeks while the crop begins transitioning south for the winter months
- Relief is not expected until stocks from the Southern California desert region, Florida, Georgia, and Western Mexico ramp up in late October/early November
- The market is low
- California supplies will remain plentiful for the foreseeable future
- Ready-Set-Serve Washed & Trimmed Cilantro is sporadic due to erratic quality; packer label will be substituted as needed
- Higher temperatures continue to affect growth and decrease yields in the Southern California growing regions
- Mexican supplies remain limited, keeping markets elevated
- Markon will continue to source only California-grown cilantro
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2018 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.