FROM THE FIELDS: California Strawberries
- The season is coming to an end
- High temperatures and humidity have decreased berry size and quality; problems include soft texture and occasional decay
- Yields are low as crews must strip the poor-quality berries from plants
- The 8x1-pound pack size will be substituted in orders for Markon First Crop Strawberries (as needed) to avoid bruising and extend shelf-life
- Volume is increasing after a period of warm weather
- Quality is strong with good size and minimal defects
- Current forecasts predict cooler weather, which will promote growth and increase size
- Orders will be moved to this region for better quality and shelf-life
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2019 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.