Hurricane Grace is expected to hit Veracruz, Mexico on Saturday, August 21 as a Category 1 hurricane. Lime supplies will further tighten next week.
- A hurricane warning is in effect for the primary lime growing region of Veracruz, Mexico on Saturday, August 21
- Hurricane conditions are expected to hit on Saturday morning
- Winds will reach the 70-90 mph range with 3-6 inches of rainfall
- The storm will pass through the growing region by Sunday August 22
- Fruit will not be harvested over the weekend
- Extremely tight lime supplies are forecast for next week; prices will rise
- The storm may reduce overall fall yields as blossoms and young fruit that are currently on the trees may be damaged
Markon will continue to monitor and update as more information becomes available.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.