- After a slow start to the season, supplies have increased
- Yields are dominated by medium and jumbo sizes; colossal stocks are sufficient, while super colossals are limited
- Expect markets to hold firm for the next few weeks
- Supplies are expected to ship into August
- New Mexican onions are readily available
- Pack-outs also favor medium to jumbo sizes; order fulfillment of colossal and super colossal onions is steady
- Markets will remain elevated, but stable for the next few weeks
- The season will run through mid-August
2023-2024 Northwest Storage Season
- Idaho, Oregon, and Washington growers expect to have yellow onions available the first week of August; red and yellow onion production is slated to begin the week of August 7
- Colorado and Utah growers currently estimate late August start date
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.