The California Navel crop is dominated by large sizes; small fruit (113- and 138-count oranges) continue to be extremely limited. Size and grade substitutions will soon be requested to fill orders; the Cara Cara and Mandarin varieties are options.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Navel Oranges are available
- Overall supplies of 113- and 138-count sizes will remain extremely limited through the Navel season and into the Valencia season this spring
- California Cara Cara oranges and Mandarins are viable substitution options
- Expect elevated markets and tight supplies
- This domestic crop is currently dominated by medium-size oranges (72- through 88-count fruit)
- The Valencia orange variety is now available in Mission, Texas through late April
- Steady prices and limited stocks are forecast, as Texas oranges will be used fill California shortages
- The Valencia orange variety is available (crossing in Nogales, Arizona)
- This crop is currently dominated by small-size oranges (113- through 138-count fruit)
- Expect steady markets and tight supplies, as Mexican oranges will be used fill California shortages
- Supplies are currently dominated by 80- to 100-count and larger packs
- The Mid-Sweet variety is currently available
- Valencia oranges will begin shipping in March
- High prices and limited stocks are forecast, as Florida oranges will be used fill California shortages on the East Coast
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2024 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.