Green leaf and romaine supplies are increasing in the Arizona and California desert growing regions. Iceberg supplies have improved slightly compared to prior weeks but remain extremely limited.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Green Leaf is available; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted occasionally due to light case weights
- Quality is very good; wind damage on outer leaves is being trimmed at harvest
- Markets are weaker and will continue to decline in the coming weeks
- MFC Premium Iceberg is not available; MBA is being substituted due to low case weights
- Quality is good; growth crack is present in some lots as suppliers attempt to add size and weight by applying additional fertilizer and water inputs
- Mildew pressure and fluctuating densities are present in some lots
- Weights have improved from prior weeks but remain below ideal ranges
- Prices are inching down; upcoming lettuce ice may slow the market decline
- MFC Premium Romaine is being packed regularly; MBA is being substituted as needed due to low case weights
- Quality is very good; fringe burn and epidermal blister/peel are present in some lots
- Markets are expected to continue softening, pending a severe lettuce ice event
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.