The Brussels sprouts market has eased.
- Temperatures have been favorable in Mexicali, Mexico, promoting stalk and sprout growth
- Production is ramping up in the Oxnard, California growing region
- Size is dominated by small and medium sprouts
- Jumbo-size stocks are increasing
- The Salinas season will start in mid-July, further increasing supplies
- Overall quality is good, although bolting (fluffy texture) and bitter sprouts will be a concern with persistent heat
- Discoloration and early breakdown are minimal
- Expect markets to continue declining over the next 10 to 14 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved