The Brussels sprouts market is inching up as holiday demand increases.
- Salinas and Santa Maria, California are the primary growing regions at this time; harvesting will continue through late December
- Growers in Mexico will ramp up production in early December
- The size profile is dominated by jumbo supplies; small and medium sizes are readily available, though not as abundant
- Overall quality is strong; some lots are exhibiting insect pressure and off color
- Expect active markets through late December; prices will ease as holiday demand subsides and Mexican volume ramps up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.