- Markon First Crop Broccoli is available
- Supplies are decreasing out of Central Mexico as the crop transitions to northern growing regions for the summer months
- Demand is shifting to West Coast supplies to compensate, pushing up markets in the Salinas Valley where supplies and quality are steady
- Expect prices to increase in both areas over the next 7-10 days until local/regional production starts for the summer
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available; packer label is being substituted as needed due to quality
- Salinas Valley volume is steady; demand is strong
- Expect markets to follow broccoli upwards due to the recent heat wave; oversized heads, bolting, leafy curds, and browning will become more prevalent, reducing yields
- West Coast prices will continue inching up through early July until local/regional harvesting begins
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.