LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Mushrooms Harvesting
Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video about mushroom harvesting in Salinas, California.
- The video shows the Markon Food Safety team’s recent visit to the Monterey Mushroom facility in Royal Oaks, California
- When the mushrooms are ready, crews harvest for five days, two times per day
- It takes 10 days for supplies to mature from the pin to the harvesting stage
- Harvesting, sizing, and packing is all done manually
- Crews sort according to four different sizes (small, medium, large, and number 2 grade)
- After harvesting and sizing, supplies are cleaned, processed, and packed into Markon First Crop cartons in a separate room
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
Markon Food Safety
©2017 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.