Yellow onion sizing continues to be dominated by medium onions as harvest progresses; very few super colossals are available.
- Super colossal prices continue to rise
- As super colossal stocks remain tight, demand has shifted to colossal and jumbo sizes; these markets will continue to inch up
- Super colossal and colossal supplies will improve once suppliers begin to ship out of storage in October
- Expect prices to remain elevated overall through October and until shippers begin to run heavy for retail Thanksgiving holiday demand
- A smaller size profile, favoring the medium and jumbo sizes, will persist throughout the Northwest season
- From late June through mid-July, the states of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington experienced record high temperatures
- Onions were in the latter stages of the growth process during the heatwave; the heat hindered growth
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.