Tomato demand has increased pushing markets higher. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available.
- Mexican supplies are lighter this week due a lull between plantings
- Round tomato size is decreasing; expect fewer 4x4s and more 5x5s on the market
- Roma quality is average; Sinaloa growers are finishing up existing fields before transitioning to new areas, including the Baja Peninsula
- Grape and cherry tomatoes are past peak production; quality ranges from average to good
- Florida’s warm weather (mid-80s to 90s) will advance fruit ripening this week
- Mature green size is diminishing; expect fewer 5x6s are on the market
- Roma quality is average: wind scarring is the primary concern
- Grape tomato quality is improving
- More robust spring crops are expected when Ruskin/Palmetto production starts in early to mid-April
- Expect higher prices this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.