Tomatoes prices remain low as both Florida and Mexico have ample inventory. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available.
- Western Mexico has abundant stocks of all varieties including round, Roma, grape, and cherry
- The Baja Peninsula is also providing light but consistent supplies of round tomatoes
- Harvesting transitions to new spring growing areas will occur over the next two to three weeks
- All sizes are available; large fruit (round 4×4 and 4×5) is expected to scale down this week
- Grape tomatoes remain plentiful
- Overall quality is very good with no major issues to report
- Florida volume is slightly lower yet still meeting current demand
- Mature green and Roma crops (currently extra-large and large fruit) will decrease in size over the next two weeks
- Grape tomato harvesting is in the first pick stage
- Quality is very good for all varieties
- Growers in Northern Florida and South Carolina are assessing potential damage after freezing temperatures this past weekend
- The June harvesting region of Quincy, Florida might require replanting or experience potential gaps
- Upcoming weather will play a factor
- Expect markets to increase slightly as April approaches
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.