Tomato volume is low as growers transition to new regions over the next two weeks. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available.
- Mexican round, Roma, cherry, and grape tomato production has transitioned to summer growing regions in Baja and Eastern Mexico
- Supplies will increase in early July
- New crop quality is very good
- East Coast production is falling as the Quincy, Florida and South Georgia seasons come to an end
- South Carolina has good quality despite recent rains; grape tomatoes are snug
- Virgina and North Carolina harvests will start the Fourth of July
- California Roma and round production will start in a light way next week
- Expect slightly higher prices through July 8 as newer regions begin to ramp up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.