Tomato production is transitioning to new regions on both coasts. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available.
- Western Mexico round, Roma, cherry, and grape tomato supplies are finishing up over the next 7-10 days; a wide range of quality is observed as the season ends
- Eastern Mexico and Baja harvesting is increasing; quality is good
- Florida production has transitioned north to Quincy where acreage is limited
- Early yields are strong; large sizes prevail
- Northern Florida and Georgia will be primary growing regions for the month of June
- California Roma and round production is delayed from late plantings and cool spring temperatures; a July 4 start is anticipated
- Expect steady to slightly higher markets until late June when supplies tighten (between June 25 – July 7)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.