Tomato markets are elevated due to light supplies and increased demand. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available.
- West Mexican round, Roma, cherry, and grape tomato supplies are decreasing
- Quality is mixed as mostly older fields are in production
- East Mexico and Baja Peninsula spring production will increase heading into early June
- Florida’s Ruskin/Palmetto region flushed earlier this year and is past peak production; limited harvests will continue through late May
- Good quality and large sizes prevail but are expected to notch down over the next two weeks
- North Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina are expected to start the first week of June
- Northern California is delayed by two weeks due to severe winter rain/late plantings; expect the season to begin in early July
- Expect elevated markets from late May to late June due to disrupted transitions and tight supplies
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.