Florida and Mexico are now the main growing regions for tomatoes. It is an excellent time to promote grape tomatoes.
- Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available
- The California tomato season has come to an end; any remaining lots are average quality at best
- The Florida growing region of Ruskin/Palmetto is well underway and volumes are increasing on mature green tomatoes
- Quality is very nice and all sizes are available
- Roma tomato winter season in Florida is typically lighter volume than spring time; quality is good
- Grape tomatoes are in full production with excellent yields and quality; Cherry tomatoes have steady light volume
- Mexico has a steady supply of vine-ripe and Roma tomatoes shipping from multiple regions including East/Central Mexico, Jalisco and the Baja Peninsula
- Quality is good with all sizes available
- Grape tomatoes from the Baja region are in full harvest with good quality
- Cherry tomato supplies will continue to struggle during the winter season; limited acreage was planted
- Culiacan region experienced hurricanes earlier this fall and many crops were replanted; some winter fruit might be delayed until January
- Expect round tomato prices to decrease over the next two to three weeks; Roma tomatoes are expected to remain steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.