Tomato markets are low; supplies are abundant. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available.
- Mexican round, Roma, cherry and grape tomato volume is high this week
- All sizes are available with new and older fields in play; quality is improving
- Growers increased production to cover a two-day labor gap due to Holy Week; expect snug supplies April 10-11
- Florida’s Ruskin/Palmetto region will start early production this weekend due to favorable weather conditions over the last two months; new crop quality is excellent
- Northern California harvests are delayed; expect the season to start approximately July 5 due to severe weather on the West Coast in February/March
- Expect the early spring starts in Florida combined with the late California season to impact supply/markets during the month of June
- Current prices are low—it’s a great time to promote this item
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.