Tomato markets have risen due to increased demand. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available.
- Mexican round, Roma, cherry and grape tomatoes supplies have tightened this week
- Roma and round tomato size has gone down with medium and large being the most plentiful
- Quality is very good
- Florida volume is rising as new spring harvests are starting in Immokalee/Estero regions
- Rain on Monday, March 13 briefly slowed production
- Quality continues to be very good
- The California tomato season is expected to start later than normal (approximately July 1) as many plantings were stunted by weather
- Expect prices to stabilize heading into the weekend
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.