Mexican tomato volume is high; all varieties are abundant, making this an ideal time to promote this commodity. Florida markets are easing as well.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available
- Mexico supplies are increasing as more round, Roma, grape, and cherry fields are harvested
- Large round (4×4 and 4×5 packs) and Roma (extra-large and large) tomatoes are abundant; medium sizes are increasing
- Overall quality is good with occasional reports of over ripening
- Florida tomato yields are expected to decrease slightly due to an expected cold front this weekend
- The size profile is well balanced; growers are harvesting from first and second pick fields
- Quality is excellent
- Expect continued low prices next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.