Tomato markets are easing. Mexican supplies are abundant. Winter production is steady in South Florida.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are readily available
- The Mexican growing region of Culiacan is in full production with good quality round, Roma, grape, and cherry tomatoes
- Sizes are trending larger this week
- 4×4 & 4×5’s as well as Roma tomatoes are substantially lower priced and promotable
- Florida’s winter production is steady in the Naples region despite recent cool weather
- Growers are moving into second and third picks which will even out the size profile
- Roma quality is mixed; occasional shoulder issues are being observed during harvests
- Expect prices to remain low over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.