Tomato markets are beginning to ease due to favorable growing conditions in Mexico. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are limited; packer label will be substituted as necessary.
- The Mexican growing region of Culiacan experienced warm weather in early December, aiding plant growth
- Round and Roma tomatoes will start shipping in a limited manner this week and build to favorable numbers by late December
- Grape tomato supplies are increasing this week; cherry tomato stocks are tight
- Production is winding down in Central Mexico and the Baja peninsula; quality is average
- Volume is low in the Florida regions of Ruskin/Palmetto and Immokalee
- Size is small
- New crops planted after Hurricane Ian will start in Naples on December 25
- Normal winter volume will be achieved by January 1
- Expect prices to gradually decrease over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.