Tomatoes markets are elevated due to this season’s severe storms. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are extremely limited; packer label will be substituted, as necessary.
- All varieties of Florida tomatoes are limited after recent hurricanes
- Small sizes and No. 2 grades with scarring are most plentiful
- Improvements aren’t expected until January when South Florida’s replanted crops are harvested
- Mexican round and Roma harvests are adequate in both Eastern Mexico and Baja
- Demand is strong, pushing up markets
- Sufficient supplies will resume in January when replanted crops are harvested in Culiacan
- Grape and cherry tomatoes are snug; however, will rebound by mid-December
- Most suppliers are requesting quality leniencies for the remainder of 2022
- Expect high prices over the next six weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.