Round tomato prices are up slightly due to rain/heat disrupting harvests along the East Coast. Demand has shifted to the West Coast. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available.
- California’s Roma and mature green tomato supplies have increased as new fields start up further north in the Central Valley
- Quality is good
- Large sizes are most abundant
- Overall growing acreage is down this year due to water restrictions
- East Coast supplies of round, Roma and grape tomatoes are tighter this week due to weather
- Rain causing harvesting delays in the Tennessee/North Carolina region
- Virginia and many other local summer deals are underway
- Heat waves along the eastern seaboard may affect fruit quality
- Mexico’s Baja Peninsula has increased Roma, grape, and cherry tomato volume
- Quality is excellent
- All sizes are available
- Round tomato markets are expected to increase while Roma and grape tomato prices will ease
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.