New tomato regions across the country are experiencing early summer heat. Moderate demand is keeping markets are steady. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available.
- East Coast production of round, Roma (limited), and grape tomatoes is slowing down due to high temperatures
- Quality is good with all sizes available
- The summer growing regions of Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia are expected to start harvests in early July
- California’s San Joaquin Valley growers are experiencing high temperatures (103F+) as new crop round and Roma tomato production starts up
- Less overall acreage was planted due to water restrictions; however, supply should meet overall summer demand
- Large sizes are abundant
- Expect to see higher FOBs than normal later this season due to the reduction in acreage
- Mexico’s Baja Peninsula has steady of round, Roma, cherry, and grape tomato volume
- Overall sizing is skewed to the larger end of the spectrum
- Quality is excellent
- Fruit from Eastern Mexico (crossing in McAllen, Texas) is filling any order gaps
- Prices are expected to remain steady over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.