New summer tomato harvesting is under way across North America; markets and overall demand have been strong. Markon First Crop (MFC) Tomatoes are available.
- East Coast production of round, Roma (limited), and grape tomatoes are transitioning to Northern Florida and South Carolina
- The Quincy region (Northern Florida) has experienced some plant yield issues mostly due to past weather, but quality has been good
- All sizes of round tomatoes are available (5×6 are most prevalent)
- Expect summer regional deals in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia to start at the beginning of July
- Growing regions in Central Mexico and the Baja Peninsula are experiencing strong demand for Roma and grape tomatoes
- Round and cherry supplies are adequate
- Quality is very good
- Large sizes are most abundant
- California’s San Joaquin Valley has recently begun light harvesting of vine-ripes tomatoes; limited Roma production will start next week
- Expect prices to remain steady over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.