Prices are up. Supplies are snug as harvests are transitioning on both coasts. Markon First Crop Tomatoes are available.
- East Coast production has slowed in Florida’s Ruskin/Palmetto region; the season is winding down
- Roma, round, cherry, and grape tomato quality is good
- Large sizes are limited; growers are harvesting second and third picks
- Supplies will tighten over the next two weeks as the Quincy, FL region is behind schedule
- Mexican growers are transitioning from the mainland to their summer season in Baja
- Overall volume and size profile are down; quality is good
- Grape tomato harvesting is expected to increase to seasonal levels by the first week of June
- The California desert region is harvesting limited mature green supplies; San Joaquin Valley production will start approximately June 20
- Expect markets to increase over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.