Sweet baby broccoli supplies are extremely scarce. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Sweet Baby Broccoli are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- The majority of sweet baby broccoli is grown year-round in the Salinas Valley; a small amount is grown in the Arizona/California desert during the winter months
- Salinas Valley yields continue to be far below normal due to sustained cooler-than-normal temperatures
- Quality is good despite growing condition challenges; some lots are exhibiting purple shade caused by cold temperatures
- A series of upcoming rainstorms followed by warmer weather in the Salinas Valley will help promote growth
- Supplies will remain limited through mid-March; stocks are expected to increase significantly in late March
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.