The main growing region in Central Mexico (Guanajuato) has experienced extreme weather conditions, including heavy rainfall and sporadic hail, over the last three months.
- Guanajuato’s rainy season runs from June through September, with an average of 27 inches yearly
- Overall rainfall for the current year has already exceeded last year’s total by 93%
- The combination of weather-related harvesting delays, disease pressure, and quality concerns has drastically decreased harvestable yields
- Expect reduced supplies of Mexican broccoli, iceberg, and romaine through late October
- All markets will climb through late October and into November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved