Strawberry markets remain firm as demand continues to outpace supply. Rain is forecast in California on Tuesday, November 9, possibly impacting volume further.
Santa Maria, California
- Growers continue culling rain-damaged fruit; as a result, production is down over 50% in some fields
- Quality concerns include bruising and water damage
- Expect volume to decline through the Thanksgiving holiday
- Stocks are increasing slowly
- Oxnard fruit is estimated to start shipping the week of January 3
- Production has begun in a limited way; rain and cooler temperatures have impacted supply levels
- Expect berry size and crop volume to increase gradually over the next two to three weeks
- Berries will begin to cross into McAllen, Texas, in late November/early December
- Production will begin after Thanksgiving in a very light manner
- Orders are estimated to begin shipping the week of December 6
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.