California supplies continue to tighten as both the Santa Maria and Oxnard seasons are past their peaks. Mexican stocks (into South Texas) are increasing; weather has improved but rain is expected Thursday December 7. The Florida season has begun; supplies will increase weekly.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Advanced order time is advised; Markon recommends ordering for quick turns
- Quality is good; white shoulders and early signs of bruising have been reported
- Expect tight supplies and steady markets over the next 7-10 days
Mexico (into South Texas)
- Expect steady yields this week despite Thursday’s rain
- Quality is currently good; white shoulders have been reported
- Size ranges from small to medium (22 to 25 berries per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect steady markets as volume rises heading into the weekend
- Expect to see markets slowly decline as this region ramps up production
- Supplies will increase weekly; the season will hit its peak in late December
- Early quality is good; white shoulders have been reported
- MFC Strawberries are estimated to begin shipping the week of December 11
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.