California supplies are decreasing as both the Santa Maria and Oxnard seasons are past their peaks. Mexican stocks (into South Texas) are increasing; weather has improved after heavy rains the week before. The Florida season has begun in a limited manner.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Yields are decreasing as both regions are past their harvesting peaks
- Quality is good; white shoulders and early signs of bruising have been reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18 to 22 berries per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect slightly declining markets over the next 7-10 days
Mexico (into South Texas)
- Volume will increase as fields continue to recover from prior rains
- Quality is currently good; white shoulders have been reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (22 to 25 berries per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect markets to slowly decline as yields increase
- Production has started in a limited manner
- Yields will increase; the season will hit its peak in mid-December
- Early quality is good; expect fruit size to range from small to medium
- Orders for Markon First Crop Strawberries are estimated to begin shipping the week of December 11
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.