Supplies remain extremely limited; pricing continues to strengthen. Expected limited supplies and elevated markets into mid-November.
Santa Maria, California
- Plants were stripped of fruit after last week’s rains, significantly reducing harvestable berry counts per plant this week and next
- Quality remains a challenge; concerns include: bruising, water damage, and minor wind scarring
- Loading delays are expected through this weekend
- Plastic clamshells will be substituted for the corrugated packs
- Production remains limited
- Volumes are expected to increase gradually over the next two to three weeks
- The estimated start date for Oxnard fruit is the week of January 3
- Rain and cooler temperatures have impacted production
- Volume is expected to increase gradually over the next two to three weeks
- Berries will begin to cross into McAllen, Texas in early December 1
- Harvesting will start in mid-December
- Orders will start shipping after December 15
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.