Strawberry supplies continue to increase; demand remains strong. Expect steady markets for the next seven to ten days.
Santa Maria/Oxnard, California
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Mother’s Day pull kicks off next week on April 30 and runs through May 13
- Volume is anticipated to increase this week as favorable growing weather is forecasted
- Quality is good; some green shoulders have been reported
- Expect steady markets and good supplies for the next seven to ten days
- As a result of historical early season rains, no harvesting has begun in this growing region as the season is still four to five weeks behind schedule
- Expect minimum harvest to begin in mid-to-late April
- The season is not expected to ramp up until mid-May
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.