Strawberry supplies continue to increase. Production has ended in Mexico and Florida; expect declining markets and increasing supplies.
Santa Maria/Oxnard, California
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Production is ramping up as cool dry weather is forecasted
- Quality is good; green shoulders have been reported in some cases
- Size is dominated by medium berries (14 to 18 pieces per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect declining markets and increasing supplies
- As a result of historical early season rains, no harvesting has begun in this growing region as the season is still four to five weeks behind schedule
- Expect minimum harvest to begin in mid-to-late April
- The season is not expected to ramp up until mid-May
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.