Demand exceeds supply in all three major growing regions. Production will end this week in Mexico and Florida. Expect strong demand and tight supplies for the next 7-10 days.
Santa Maria/Oxnard, California
- Growers continue culling rain-damaged fruit
- Yields are expected to increase daily as a warming trend hits the growing area
- Quality concerns include soft skin, decay, white shoulders, and pin rot
- The industry is in a demand-exceeds-supply situation
- Expect strong demand and elevated markets for the next 7-10 days
Central Mexico (Loading in South Texas)
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers have ended their season
- Quality is fair: heat-related issues are being reported
- Most growers have shifted to their California growing programs
- The season has come to an end as heat related quality issues persist
- All fruit being harvested is being sold to local markets
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.