Strawberry supplies continue to tighten; stronger markets are expected for the next 10-14 days.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Quality is good: fruit is firm and size has increased due to cooler evening weather
- Harvest labor will be reduced for the next two weeks as growers shift crews to begin planting the 2022 spring crop
- Expect rising prices for the next 10-14 days
- Volume and quality are diminishing quickly
- The season will be finished by late October
- Quality issues include softness and bruising
- Growers will begin harvesting in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting
- Arrivals will begin in November
- Production is on track to start in November
- This season will begin in December
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.