Strawberry supplies are tightening as production winds down in Watsonville/Salinas. Demand is strong; prices are expected to climb over the next 10 to 14 days.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Quality is good: fruit is firm and size has increased due to cooler evening weather
- Temperatures will be in the high 60s/low 70s through the week
- Growers are starting to plant the 2022 spring crop in Santa Maria, resulting in less fruit being harvested due to limited labor
- Expect elevated markets for the next 10 to 14 days
- Volume and quality are diminishing quickly; the season will be finished by the end of the month
- Quality issues include softness and bruising
- Weather forecasts call for possible rain tonight into tomorrow morning (1/10 of an inch)
- The next rain event is forecast for October 19
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.