Expect strawberry supplies to remain tight and markets elevated over the next three weeks as fields recover from prior rainstorms.
- Supplies are extremely tight
- Remaining suppliers expect production to wrap up by mid- to late October
- Quality is average
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Suppliers continue culling rain-damaged fruit, leading to lower yields
- Quality is good; green shoulders and soft fruit have been reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (20 to 22 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets for next three weeks
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Volume is very low as the season begins
- Early season quality is good; vibrant color is being reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18 to 20 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect tight supplies for the next three weeks as new crop slowly ramps up
- Volume is tight as the season begins
- Expect volume to gradually increase over the next two to three weeks
- Berries will begin to cross into San Juan, Texas this week
- Production will begin after Thanksgiving in a limited manner
- Orders are estimated to begin shipping the week of December 5
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.